Monday 29 January 2018

Evaluation Question 2 - How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

In order to answer this question I decided to create a directors commentary to my main trailer, picking up all of the key aspects of it and talking about the ideas behind each of the shots and music composition, to give a better understanding of my trailer.


After completing this, to help better answer the question I created an annotated video for my poster and magazine front cover to discuss the decisions I made at every stage of the construction process to ensure they both linked back to my main task well.





Here is the final question from the questionnaire that we gave out to our audience at the film screening, I have discussed the screening in full detail in evaluation question 3 but have included this question here as it relates best to this question.




Here I got 80% of people responding that they could see connections between my poster, magazine and trailer which is very pleasing. The audience picked up on the colours helping to link them through their connotations to the thriller. They also picked up on the fact that I used very similar shots for my poster and magazine to shots used within the tailer itself. Responses I particularly appreciated were people who discussed how my poster and magazine mirrored the mind of the protagonist, through the tear emulating the 'tearing apart of reality'.

EB

No comments:

Post a Comment